Working from Home is good for Business-TED Talk
Sky Languages Conversation Topic: Working from home is good for business. Really?
This video was made in January 2019. Obviously, at that time nobody predicted the Covid-19 pandemic and the new reality of working from home (telecommuting). We thought it would be interesting to see the point of view of somebody who believed in this concept before it was a necessity.
As always, after the video you have the questions for civilized debate. Enjoy!
Answer the following questions:
- How many employees does his company have?
- Why does he say “distributed work” instead of “remote work”?
- What are his recommendations to have a distributed team? Do you follow these?
- What are the disadvantages to a distributed team?
- What are you learning about this topic by working at home during the Covid-19 problem?
IDIOM: to get out of hand: desmadrarse
This situation is getting out of hand. I don’t know what to do!
The company salepeople are getting out of hand and the managers don’t understand why.
Please send us any comments or ideas about these videos!