Sky Languages Conversation Topic: Trump’s Border Wall
This is the first video of the new year! The American federal government is closed! Why? Because President Trump wants to build a wall along the Mexican border and congress doesn’t want to give him the money. But, what is on the Mexican border? Is it even possible to build a wall there? This video gives you an idea of what the border looks like.
As always, after the video you have the questions for civilized debate. Enjoy!
- Why does Trump want to build a wall?
- Who do you think supports him? Why do they support him?
- How would you describe the Mexican/American border?
- Do you think it is possible to build a wall along the entire border?
- Do you think that building a wall would have an impact on illegal immigration? Explain.
- How would the “coyotes” (people who charge money to take immigrants across the border) adapt to the wall?
- If you could give Trump advice about the wall, what would you say?
IDIOM: to sit on the fence: (estar sentado en la valla), estar indeciso
This is a difficult decision and I’m still sitting on the fence.
He never makes a decision, he sits on the fence on every issue.
The prospect is sitting on the fence. Maybe if you buy him a new iPhone he will purchase the car!
Please send us any comments or ideas about these videos!