Hello Everyone! Oops! Wait, just a second. I have to see why my phone is beeping…. OK! It was just an ad. Anyway, this week we are going to see a video that partly explains why we are constantly checking our phones. Are you addicted? Let’s see!
- How many times do you look at your phone in an hour?
- Are you addicted to checking your phone?
- Are you expected to use your smartphone for work purposes? Explain how you use it for work.
- Imagine that you don’t need your phone for work. Could you live without it?
- Explain a situation when you had an argument with someone related to phone use.
- What is the role of phones in your company? Are you allowed to have your phone in front of you? Are you able to receive phone calls during work hours? Explain.
- Do you think that “tech breaks” are a good idea? Would you implement them in your place of work?
- If you have children, what is the role of smartphones in their life? How do you monitor/ control their use? If you don’t have children, how would you manage this situation if/when you have children?
Idiom: to meet somebody halfway (verb phrase): to compromise with someone; to reach an agreement by completing some of the demands of the other person/group if they complete some of your demands
The clients wanted us to lower the price from 7,000€ to 5,000€, but we could only meet them halfway at 6,000€.
They weren’t able to fulfill all of our requests, but they met us halfway regarding the most important ones.
When you can’t reach an agreement, sometimes it’s better to meet each other halfway and finish with the subject.
If you haven’t experienced the English Immersion courses in our Masía, check out this video!