Public Speaking Tips
November 14th to 18th
Hey everyone! Have you ever been to a boring presentation? Are you scared to speak in public? This week we are going to watch a video with some tips for giving great presentations. As always, after the video we have some questions for debate. Enjoy!
- Have you ever given a speech in front of a group of ten or more people? What happened? What did you speak about? What could you have done better?
- Who is the best speaker you have heard? Why?
- Can you name the seven tips and say why each is important?
- Which do you think are the most important of these tips?
- Do you have any other advice for successful public speaking?
IDIOM: to set the record straight (verb phrase): to clarify a misunderstanding
There is a lot of confusion about the new policy changes, so someone in administration needs to set the record straight.
We are having a meeting on Tuesday in order to set the record straight about the rumors that we are downsizing.
I want to set the record straight. I did not cause the malfunction of the machine. It was Pepe!
If you haven’t experienced the English Immersion courses in our Masia, check out this video!:
Have a look at our “Inmersión en Inglés” page or contact us!